I have been in Berlin few months ago for work and i had only one day to visit the city. So I created a list of places of interest to see if you’re passing in Berlin for only one day!
- Alexanderplatz with his television tower (Fernsehturm) and the World Clock:
- Berlin Cathedral:
- Brandenburg Gate, one of the best-known landmarks of Germany:
- The Reichstag building that now is the meeting place of the German parliament (the modern Bundestag). If you have more than one day to visit the city, I recommend to see the dome, the admission is free but advance registration is required!
- The Museum Island (Museumsinsel) that is so called for the complex of five internationally significant museums that occupy the island’s northern part. If you have time to see one of them, I recommend the Pergamon Museum.
- Visit the Hollow Tooth, the Lipstick and the Powder box! These are the nicknames given by Berliners to the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche (the church was destroyed during the World War II), to the new church and the new tower. Looking at the distinctive appearance of the new buildings you can understand these nicknames:
- See the paintings for freedom on a section of the Berlin Wall at East Side Gallery:
- In the evening I recommend to see Potsdamer Platz that is the new residential and commercial district, and represents the new Berlin: